Dr M S Habib – Creator & Founder of Barrett Hodgson Pakistan
& The Salim Habib Education Foundation
• Born in 1933 in Toba Tek Singh near Faisalabad.
• Schooling in Toba Tek Singh, undergraduate studies in Lahore.
• MSc in Chemistry in 1956 from University of Punjab (Lahore).
• 1957 joined King’s College, University of London for PhD degree.
• Joined Wellcome in 1961 as Chief Analyst.
• In 1972 became the Chief Executive of Wellcome Pakistan.
• In 1982 became the Chairman & Managing Director of Wellcome Pakistan.
• In 1996 became the Deputy Chairman of GlaxoWellcome Pakistan.
• Founded Barrett Hodgson Pakistan in 1992.
• Barrett Hodgson Pakistan became operational in 1996.
• Established The Salim Habib Education Foundation in June, 2007.
• First Project of the Foundation - Barrett Hodgson University, The Salim Habib Campus in Karachi.
• Second Project of the Foundation - Barrett Hodgson College for Boys and Girls in Toba Tek Singh.
• Acquired 50 acres land in total in Toba Tek Singh
- Construction of Barrett Hodgson College on 14 acres land ongoing project
• Other Projects under planning
- Mother & Child Care Centre
- Nursing School
- Hospital in Korangi Creek, Karachi.
• Acquired 10 acres land in Karachi for future expansion of Barrett Hodgson University, The Salim Habib
Campus in Karachi.